Applying for an Immigration Visa - Nashville Immigration Attorney | Criminal Law | Colavecchio Law
Call (615) 242-3333
  • Applying for an Immigration Visa
    Applying for an Immigration Visa

    Applying for an Immigration Visa

    How to Apply for an Immigration Visa

    Depending upon the manner in which you are relocating to the United States, there are a number of standard procedures which must be followed. At Colavecchio and Colavecchio, we know that these can be confusing to navigate, particularly in view of the way that immigration law is regularly changing. We offer our assistance with your journey to achieving US citizenship or permanent residency. Click here for more information.

    Worker’s Visa

    If you are applying for either a temporary or a permanent worker’s visa, you will most likely need to meet labor certification status. This means that you need sponsorship from an American employer, and that they must attest to their inability to find an equivalently qualified candidate within the existing US population. Of the five “levels” of worker’s visa available, two usually require labor certification.
    The remaining three levels involve a variety of special considerations. These may potentially include unique and extraordinary levels of skill and ability, executive experience within a government or military body, similar experience within a multinational corporation, areas of religious or culturally based employment, and investors in American businesses. All such considerations aside, the specific requirements for each potential level of worker’s visa are somewhat mutable, and may be subject to individual interpretation within the bounds of the law. The services of an immigration lawyer are highly recommended, in order that you may carefully consider all available options – without unintentionally overlooking a potentially viable avenue.

    Benefits of Hiring a law firm

    Permanent Residency

    At Colavecchio and Colavecchio, we offer assistance with the process of applying for a green card – official authorization to live and work within the United States indefinitely. An experienced immigration attorney, Chris Colavecchio has successfully assisted hundreds of immigrants with securing permanent residency. He is based out of our Nashville offices, and is available to help anyone seeking residency within the state of Tennessee.

    Once obtained, a green card must be carried on your person at all times. Failure to do so may incur a fine of up to $100 and imprisonment for up to 30 days, although only the federal government can impose these penalties. Once issued by the USCIS, A green card is valid for a period of time ranging from two to ten years, depending upon the permanency of the holder’s resident status. At the end of its viable time period, it must be renewed or replaced.

    Call Colavecchio and Colavecchio Today

    The United States is a great place to live and to work. You deserve the best legal assistance available in obtaining the residency for which you have fought so hard and sacrificed so much. Our legal team understands how hard you have fought to come to this country, and we’re prepared to put just as much effort into ensuring that you are able to stay here. Give the law firm of Colavecchio and Colavecchio a call today at (615) 242-3333, or fill out our convenient online form for your case. We are standing by to assist you, and wish you the very best in finding a new home in America.

    Share this post

    Start typing and press Enter to search

    Shopping Cart